Saturday, June 12, 2010

Profile Sketch: B Traven



I had nothing to do with the strike. I told you this the first time we met, when you told me what Shine had said about me, that-by pure chance!-a strike always broke out where I was working... Well I can't help that. It's not my fault if men get dissatisfied and want something better...
From 'The Cotton Pickers'

1907 – Appears as Ret Marut in Germany.
1922 – Left Germany for England, arrested in 1923.
1924 – Arrived Mexico, lived as Traven Torsvan in Acapulco.
1947 – Appeared as Hal Croves on the set of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
1948 – Traven Torsvan disappears following publicity.
1952 – Hal Croves emerges in Mexico City.
1957 – Married.
1969 – Died. His will gives his name as Traven Torsvan Croves.

Wikipedia: B Traven

B Traven: BBC Documentary

No comments:

Post a Comment